[ANN] glu 5.3.0 released

Hello guys

I just released 5.3.0. As I mentioned in a previous post I will be mostly unavailable starting end of next week  (10/06) for the rest of October. This version includes a rewrite of all the URLs in the console in order to make them copy/paste friendly (fabric added). I have tried to exercise all the links and make sure they still work, but one or two may have slipped through the cracks.

If you see any issue with this release, please flag it as soon as possible to give me a chance to address it before I am unavailable!

Here are the release notes:
This release contains a major overhaul of the directory/file listing feature for a given agent.

Tip
In order to benefit fully from the new feature, the agent needs to be upgraded (check the migration steps for details).

New and noteworthy

* It is now possible to continuously tail any file located on any agent (initial tail size and refresh rate are both configurable) as well as view it in the browser or download the content. The directory listing view has also been enhanced to add the same functionality.

* glu scripts now have access to the ZooKeeper instance used by the agent (using the agentZooKeeper property).

* All URLs in the console are now enhanced to include the fabric which makes them copy/paste friendly.

* The agent cli now supports a different state machine (--start (-S) and --install (-I) behave according to the state machine definition).

* The max form post size is now configurable (in the console meta model):

configTokens: [
  maxFormConfigSize: '500k'
]

* The full package size has been reduced.

Tickets

* Implemented glu-153: Make URLs copy/paste friendly
* Implemented glu-183: Add support for different state machine in agent-cli
* Implemented glu-187: Add “tail -f” for log files
* Implemented glu-240: Add ZooKeeper access from glu script
* Fixed glu-241: inconsistent use of java vs $JAVA_HOME/bin/java
* Fixed glu-242: NPE when selecting “bounce” or “stop” plans with a tags filter
* Implemented glu-243: Remove redundant/irrelevant data in package (all)
* Fixed glu-245: Exception: Form Too large

Check out glu!

Re: [ANN] glu 5.3.0 released

sodul
[updated] Works fine I needed to point JAVA_HOME and PATH to java 7 in pre_master_conf.sh

Re: [ANN] glu 5.3.0 released

sodul
This post was updated on .
sodul wrote
First feedback is to add a compatibility mode for pre-5.3.0 agents. The default page is blank, and the raw view is just the whole content.

Instead of an empty log content you could disable the autorefresh and just show the last 500 lines that the old console would show.

I'll upgrade a few agents and let you know more.
The issue is with my Safari, looks fine on Chrome. Checking if it is AdBlock+ or something else.

[Update: AdBlock+ was blocking the new view]

Re: [ANN] glu 5.3.0 released

Can you retry to start the console? I have seen this issue (not in this release only). There seems to be something non deterministic in how grails bootstrap works. I am trying to figure out what it is :(

Yan

On Fri, Sep 27, 2013 at 2:25 PM, sodul [via glu] <[hidden email]> wrote:
I've upgraded my QA console witht he pre-510 setup and the console refuses to start with this error:
2013-09-27 17:19:07.641:WARN:oejw.WebAppContext:Failed startup of context o.e.j.w.WebAppContext{/console,file:/home/glu/org.linkedin.glu.packaging-all-5.3.0/pre-510/console-server/glu/repository/exploded-wars/org.linkedin.glu.console-webapp-5.3.0/},/home/glu/org.linkedin.glu.packaging-all-5.3.0/pre-510/console-server/glu/repository/exploded-wars/org.linkedin.glu.console-webapp-5.3.0
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'org.linkedin.glu.orchestration.engine.commands.DbCommandExecutionValidator': Cannot resolve reference to bean 'org.linkedin.glu.orchestration.engine.commands.DbCommandExecutionDomainClass' while setting bean property 'domainClass'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.NoSuchBeanDefinitionException: No bean named 'org.linkedin.glu.orchestration.engine.commands.DbCommandExecutionDomainClass' is defined
        at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.callContextInitialized(ContextHandler.java:775)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletContextHandler.callContextInitialized(ServletContextHandler.java:424)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.startContext(ContextHandler.java:767)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletContextHandler.startContext(ServletContextHandler.java:249)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.startContext(WebAppContext.java:1252)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doStart(ContextHandler.java:710)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.doStart(WebAppContext.java:494)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:64)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.deploy.bindings.StandardStarter.processBinding(StandardStarter.java:39)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.deploy.AppLifeCycle.runBindings(AppLifeCycle.java:186)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.deploy.DeploymentManager.requestAppGoal(DeploymentManager.java:494)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.deploy.DeploymentManager.addApp(DeploymentManager.java:141)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.deploy.providers.ScanningAppProvider.fileAdded(ScanningAppProvider.java:145)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.deploy.providers.ScanningAppProvider$1.fileAdded(ScanningAppProvider.java:56)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.util.Scanner.reportAddition(Scanner.java:609)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.util.Scanner.reportDifferences(Scanner.java:540)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.util.Scanner.scan(Scanner.java:403)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.util.Scanner.doStart(Scanner.java:337)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:64)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.deploy.providers.ScanningAppProvider.doStart(ScanningAppProvider.java:121)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:64)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.deploy.DeploymentManager.startAppProvider(DeploymentManager.java:555)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.deploy.DeploymentManager.doStart(DeploymentManager.java:230)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:64)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.AggregateLifeCycle.doStart(AggregateLifeCycle.java:81)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.AbstractHandler.doStart(AbstractHandler.java:58)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.doStart(HandlerWrapper.java:96)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.doStart(Server.java:280)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:64)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.xml.XmlConfiguration$1.run(XmlConfiguration.java:1259)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.xml.XmlConfiguration.main(XmlConfiguration.java:1182)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.start.Main.invokeMain(Main.java:473)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.start.Main.start(Main.java:615)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.start.Main.main(Main.java:96)
Caused by:
[...]

http://glu.977617.n3.nabble.com/ANN-glu-5-3-0-released-tp4026117p4026118.html
To start a new topic under glu, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from glu, click here.
NAML

Re: [ANN] glu 5.3.0 released

What do you mean by the the default page is blank? I have tested with "old" agent and it displays the last 500 lines and then pauses the auto refresh. Isn't it what is happening? If not I can make it behave this way, but I don't want to litter the code with if/else statement based on agent version. It is kind of a nightmare in the console especially if some agents have been upgraded but not others.

Re: [ANN] glu 5.3.0 released

sodul
AdBlock+ was blocking the feed of data. Looks fine now in both Safari and Chrome, and with old and new agents.

Looks great so far.