Agent upgrades when scripts need extensions

Agent upgrades when scripts need extensions

oldgluuser
Need to run "database migrations" as part of my GluScript.  The "configure" task seems a very natural fit for this.  We use google "flyway" to run these migrations, thus I was thinking that I would need to distribute the flyway jar files as part of the agent package.

I don't see a problem with this, except for upgrades.  When the agent upgrades I am assuming that any "extra" jar files I have distributed there will be left in place - is that correct?  Second, the harder question: how would I go about upgrading/updating such distributed jars?  That is, when Flyway itself has an update?

Now, that I have finished, I think that groovy's "http-builder" falls into the same category - I was planning on using that so that my GluScripts could invoke REST Api's easily...

Re: Agent upgrades when scripts need extensions

I would not recommend to modify the agent in this fashion (although with "easy" production setup I am working on, you will be able to "generate" your own agent version and use it for upgrades).

There is already a feature in glu that lets you have (external) dependencies in your glu script: http://pongasoft.github.io/glu/docs/latest/html/glu-script.html#packaging-a-glu-script

I would recommend to use this feature instead

Re: Agent upgrades when scripts need extensions

oldgluuser
Thanks (again) Yan - yes, that is just what I want and need.