Quantcast

Can a plugin be used to add a custom REST api to console?

Can a plugin be used to add a custom REST api to console?

oldgluuser
if so, can the basic steps be outlined?  Where to put the files, are annotations needed etc.

[I would like to be able to GET/POST/PUT/DELETE certain ZooKeeper data via a REST call]

thanks

Re: Can a plugin be used to add a custom REST api to console?

The REST api depends on the URL mapping which is static and at this time there is no way to change it via plugin.

If you want to put certain data in ZooKeeper why not talk to ZooKeeper directly? There is the zookeeper-cli or you can programmatically write your own wrapper.

Re: Can a plugin be used to add a custom REST api to console?

oldgluuser
Need to get it for a separate web page (ie. another web app).  So, I need to get it via Javascript.  Easiest way would be to have a REST service to call rather than trying to get Javascript to read/write ZooKeeper

Re: Can a plugin be used to add a custom REST api to console?

​Yes I understand. A plugin in glu at the time will not allow to add a rest api for ZooKeeper.

This project seems to offer a rest wrapper around ZooKeeper

Maybe it can help