Quantcast

Configuring the delta service to ignore certain fields

Configuring the delta service to ignore certain fields

yoron
Hello all,

We are running Glu 4.7.2.

I'm currently doing extensive deployers code refactoring. In order for the changes to take effect, I change the script field in the static model very often.
This creates a 'false positive' delta - the static model is not the same as the live one, but the change is something we would like to ignore.

Is there a way to tell the delta service to ignore this field?

Thanks.

Re: Configuring the delta service to ignore certain fields

Yes there is a way. Since 5.1.0 it is just a matter of providing your own resources.xml file and generating the consoler server. Since you use 4.7.2, you need to crack open the war file (of the console) and edit the file /WEB-INF/spring/resources.xml (and regenerate the war file). In the resources.xml file change the deltaMgr definition in this way:

  <bean id="deltaMgr" class="org.linkedin.glu.orchestration.engine.delta.impl.DeltaMgrImpl">
    <property name="includedInVersionMismatch">
      <set>
        <value>parent</value>
        <!--<value>script</value>-->
        <value>entryState</value>
      </set>
    </property>
  </bean>

Note how I commented out the "script" section to not make it part of the delta.

Yan

On Wed, Apr 23, 2014 at 10:42 PM, yoron [via glu] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello all,

We are running Glu 4.7.2.

I'm currently doing extensive deployers code refactoring. In order for the changes to take effect, I change the script field in the static model very often.
This creates a 'false positive' delta - the static model is not the same as the live one, but the change is something we would like to ignore.

Is there a way to tell the delta service to ignore this field?

Thanks.

http://glu.977617.n3.nabble.com/Configuring-the-delta-service-to-ignore-certain-fields-tp4026596.html
To start a new topic under glu, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from glu, click here.
NAML

Re: Configuring the delta service to ignore certain fields

harel.eran
This is great Yan, thanks :)