Exception: Form Too large

sabhinandan
Hi,

While modifying glu model manually getting below exception:
261751422 [Thread-23] INFO  org.linkedin.glu.agent.tracker.AgentsTrackerImpl  - Connected to ZooKeeper in 12... starting to track changes
261751423 [qtp1310188746-31] INFO  org.linkedin.glu.orchestration.engine.tracker.TrackerServiceImpl  - Tracker for devPlatSvcs successfully started in 25
2013-09-23 03:12:14.969:WARN::/console/model/save
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Form too large236224>200000
        at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Request.extractParameters(Request.java:251)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Request.getParameter(Request.java:659)
        at org.codehaus.groovy.grails.web.filters.HiddenHttpMethodFilter.getHttpMethodOverride(HiddenHttpMethodFilter.java:74)
        at org.codehaus.groovy.grails.web.filters.HiddenHttpMethodFilter.doFilterInternal(HiddenHttpMethodFilter.java:60)
        at org.springframework.web.filter.OncePerRequestFilter.doFilter(OncePerRequestFilter.java:76)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1322)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.handle(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:508)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.access$000(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:34)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint$1.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:40)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$2.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:451)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
2013-09-23 03:12:14.972:INFO:/console:Initializing Spring FrameworkServlet 'grails-errorhandler'
2013-09-23 03:12:15.011:WARN::EXCEPTION
org.springframework.web.util.NestedServletException: Request processing failed; nested exception is java.lang.NullPointerException
        at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.processRequest(FrameworkServlet.java:656)
        at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.doPost(FrameworkServlet.java:560)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:727)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:534)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1351)
        at org.apache.shiro.web.servlet.AbstractShiroFilter.executeChain(AbstractShiroFilter.java:359)
        at org.apache.shiro.web.s

Because of this, Not able to modify the JSON model in GLU.
Could you please guide.

Thanks,
Abhinandan

Re: Exception: Form Too large

sodul
Yan would need to look at this but he is traveling at the moment, or soon.

From what I see in the stack trace it could be the model is now too large: Form too large236224>200000

A 200k limit seems pretty low though, as i know Glu is used with models that are several MB large. I could not find anything in the config that would set that value.

What version of the console are you using?

Re: Exception: Form Too large

sabhinandan
I'm using 4.6.2,
When we submit model through REST API call, dint get this issue, but whenever we are trying to modify anything in the same model manually, facing this issue.

~AbhiNandan

Re: Exception: Form Too large

I have limited Internet access until mid week. From the stacktrace it seems that jetty has some limitations on the size of the post. Can you try to figure it out? (Google it, etc...) I will then expose the configuration property (you may even be able to do it yourself prior to the next release...)

Re: Exception: Form Too large

sodul
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Jetty/Howto/Configure_Form_Size

<configure class="org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server">
      <Call name="setAttribute">
      <Arg>org.eclipse.jetty.server.Request.maxFormContentSize</Arg>
      <Arg>200000</Arg>
    </Call>
</configure>

Try to add that to console-server/jetty-distribution-xxxxx/etc/webdefault.xml and change the value from 200000 to 2000000.