Quantcast

Extra tags in live model

hansg01
I have been facing sudden issues with the tags with my glu 5.5.1 setup which was working absolutely fine for a month. Some agents in a Fabric get some extra tags which has not been assigned to them in the static model.

I checked the live model from GET /live/model and it had the extra tags. The extra tags also appear in the zookeeper in instances directory. Can you please help me with the flow how data in static model gets to the live model.

Re: Extra tags in live model

sodul
The agents themselves can report tags. At my company we use it through the pre-master-conf.sh script.

Most likely either your agents are configured with these extra tags or your agents groovy scripts are adding them during runtime.

Re: Extra tags in live model

What Stephane said is correct. Most likely your agent(s) have tags defined.

Also note that in the static model, you can also defined agents tags (but they are totally unrelated to the ones that you define on the agents themselves). You can see this there: https://github.com/pongasoft/glu/blob/master/console/org.linkedin.glu.console-server/src/cmdline/resources/glu/repository/systems/sample-webapp-system.json#L3

This is only a shortcut to assign a set of tags to all entries deployed on a given agent