Quantcast

Glu skipping agents while generating distributions.

Glu skipping agents while generating distributions.

VaniP
hey!

I tried
 ./setup.sh -D /meta-model/json.groovy
but while generating distributions it only generates for the first agent i listed in my meta-model file. The other agents are being skipped. Is it the reason why
 ./setup.sh -Z /meta-model/json.groovy
is uploading conf directory to only one agent?
The other agents log file says Waiting for fabric @ zookeeper
Please help.

Regards,
VaniP

Re: Glu skipping agents while generating distributions.

VaniP
One more thing...
Suppose if we want to keep adding new agents to the fabric , in that case do we need to keep changing meta model file and execute  ./setup.sh -Z /meta-model.json.groovy again ?

Please let me know as I am stuck at this point.

Re: Glu skipping agents while generating distributions.

It is normal for glu to skip generating distributions for agents: unless you install more than one agent per node/host (which is not recommended although possible), then it is the exact same agent (tarball) that needs to be generated. That is why only one gets generated. When the agent is then installed on the hosts it gets its configuration from ZooKeeper.

It is unclear why the agents are not being configured properly but most likely their (host)name (which they determine when they boot) does not match the hostname you entered in the meta model. You should check the log file of a given agent as it should display the name that was computed at boot time. Then check your meta model and make sure they match.

Re: Glu skipping agents while generating distributions.

To answer your second question, then yes (although you still need to generate the distribution first as this is the step that generates the data required by the -Z step)

Re: Glu skipping agents while generating distributions.

VaniP
Thanks a lot Yan! It's working now..