HELP on resetting admin password

linux168
We are still using Glu 5.3.1 so as far as we know there is no salt in generating hash for password.
We lost the 'admin' password and there is only one user 'admin' in the glu console.
We do see the hash of original admin password.
INSERT INTO DB_USER_CREDENTIALS VALUES(1,1,'xxxxxxxxx12345678990','admin',NULL)
 Is any way we can reset the console admin password using the hash from a command?

Re: HELP on resetting admin password

This is what I see for a brand new console:

INSERT INTO DB_USER_CREDENTIALS VALUES(1,0,'0X6jKwsyqFbr9nU0jEqktHP37o9','admin',NULL)

So you can use this password instead (admin). Simply shut down the console, edit the database with this value and restart the console. Your password should now be admin. You should change it right away.

Re: HELP on resetting admin password

linux168
1st of all, yes, my hash is "0x6j…..37o9" too.
Can you tell me what is the command (option) to perform
INSERT INTO DB_USER_CREDENTIALS VALUES(1,0,'0X6jKwsyqFbr9nU0jEqktHP37o9','admin',NULL) ?
I try "java -cp hsqldb-1.8.0.10.jar org.hsqldb.util.DatabaseManager"
but it stops because I do not have X11 DISPLAY.

Re: HELP on resetting admin password

linux168
Even I tried this one:
#java -jar hsqldb-1.8.0.10.jar --sql "INSERT INTO DB_USER_CREDENTIALS VALUES(1,0,'0X6jKwsyqFbr9nU0jEqktHP37o9','admin',NULL);" glu
Failed to retrieve connection info for urlid "glu".

Would appreciate if you can show me the proper command to insert the hash.

Re: HELP on resetting admin password

Since you are using hsqldb, why don't you simply edit the file?

Re: HELP on resetting admin password

linux168
Yan:
Edit which file? And What should I do after edit THE file?
I saw
INSERT INTO DB_USER_CREDENTIALS VALUES(1,0,'0X6jKwsyqFbr9nU0jEqktHP37o9','admin',NULL)
on ./jetty-distribution-8.1.10.v20130312/database/prod.log.

Re: HELP on resetting admin password

Make sure the console is stopped first. Then edit the prod.log file to replace the hashed password. Save and restart the console. Then you can go ahead and login with admin/admin and change the password using the interface.

Re: HELP on resetting admin password

linux168
When Console is stopped and started, does Console read from prod.log or prod.script first?
I finally reset the 'admin' password.
The steps are following:
1. stop Glu Console
2. reset ALL 'admin' hash to 0X6jKwsyqFbr9nU0jEqktHP37o9 on prod.script and prod.log
3. start Glu Console

Thanks for the help.