How to do redevelop based on glu

Naty_xu
Hi Yan,

     I need your help, I want to delvop an automatic deployment project based on glu, it can be suitable for

own biz requirement.such as custom own UI, add some functions and so on. But I don't know how to import

your project(Use eclipse), then I can update your code and use your API. What should I do ?

Best Regard
Naty

Re: How to do redevelop based on glu

The documentation to compile/build glu is there: http://pongasoft.github.io/glu/docs/latest/html/dev-setup.html

I am not an Eclipse user so I do not know how to import it in Eclipse.

Re: How to do redevelop based on glu

Naty_xu
Thanks your answer ! Can you give me design documentation, sequence diagrams or technical

documentation on glu ?

Anything like this(Strus2)

struts2 framework's architecture

Re: How to do redevelop based on glu

Naty_xu
Hi Yan

Maybe there are some class diagram, using the framework ?

ex:

web server: jetty ?

web framework : grails ?

Programming language : shell script,groovy ?

what are some of core class ?whether I can inherit your class ?Or have the API ?

This si my Email : shuaixu@pptv.com

Re: How to do redevelop based on glu

There is no other documentation than the one I pointed you at. The best documentation is the code itself.

At a high level:

* the agent is written mostly in groovy and uses restlet to expose its (rest) api (which under the cover uses jetty)
* the console is written mostly in groovy and is a grails application (both web and rest api are exposed via the same grails app)

The documentation I pointed you at describe briefly what each directory contains.

Before you dive into programming glu you should make sure that you are very familiar with glu and all its concepts.

You should also ask yourself what you are trying to achieve before doing it. There are other threads on this forum asking similar questions. glu is pretty flexible and extensible and before jumping into changing it, you need to know deeply how glu work as a user first.

Yan