Need help on filter

zubryan
Hi experts,

Recently our company is using glu to deploy applications on servers, but I ran across an issue.
When deploying an application on one agent, I specify one webapp in json model, deployment is ok.
When I add one webapp on the same agent in the json model and only want to deploy the new one, how can I do it? Can I use filter? Or glu knows it and would only deploy the new one?

The structure of the model is like this:
   "webapp": [
   {
     "war": "",
     "contextPath": "",
     "config": ""
   },
  {
     "war": "",
     "contextPath": "",
     "config": ""
   }]

Re: Need help on filter

The more granular that you can go with a filter is the mountPoint. According to your model, you are deploying more than 1 war file inside the same container (which is deployed under 1 mountPoint). If you want to use a filter to deploy only one, you have to create another mountPoint which will contain the other container and war file.

That being said, if you keep the model the way you currently have it and simply go from 1 war file to 2 in the same container (mountPoint), then glu will redeploy the entire mountPoint (at this stage, changing an init parameter trigger a full undeploy / deploy) so your new webapp will be deployed.

Re: Need help on filter

zubryan
Hi Yan

I got your point and will try it.