Problems while adding new fabric through Glu console UI

Problems while adding new fabric through Glu console UI

Neha Rana
Hi,

I have added a new fabric through Glu Console UI .i.e. Admin->Create/Add fabric ->New. After this, I can see that new fabric in Fabric list but when trying to add an agent to that new fabric , I am getting the below error:

2014/01/28 10:48:43.526 INFO [AgentMain] Agent fabric: int
2014/01/28 10:48:43.912 ERROR [AgentMain] unexpected error... terminating
java.io.IOException: org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException$NoNodeException: KeeperErrorCode = NoNode for /org/glu/agents/fabrics/int/config/config.properties
        at org.linkedin.zookeeper.client.ZooKeeperURLHandler$ZooKeeperURLConnection.getInputStream(ZooKeeperURLHandler.java:66)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.types.resources.URLResource.getInputStream(URLResource.java:335)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.LoadProperties.execute(LoadProperties.java:178)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:291)

     Also, I cannot see that new fabric in the drop down list (at the right side of Glu console UI) which basically comes to select a particular fabric.

Please help me solve this problem.

Regards,
Neha

Re: Problems while adding new fabric through Glu console UI

Adding a fabric in the console simply makes it available to the console: you simply specify the name and in which ZooKeeper it lives (and a color for the banner at the top to distinguish from others). It does not do anything else in the console.

If you want to add agents to a fabric, you need to add them to the meta model and rerun the distribution/ZooKeeper configuration steps as described in the document: http://pongasoft.github.io/glu/docs/latest/html/easy-production-setup.html (this will properly configure ZooKeeper which is what is not happening with what you did).

Also note that adding the fabric in the console is also not necessary if you follow those steps as it gets added automatically to the console.

If you are using glu prior to 5.1.0, then yes you would need to add the fabric manually in the console as well as follow those much more manual and involved steps: http://pongasoft.github.io/glu/docs/latest/html/production-setup.html

Re: Problems while adding new fabric through Glu console UI

Neha Rana
Thanks for replying...