Question about running 2 glu consoles against a single DB

Question about running 2 glu consoles against a single DB

Nicholas Jasieniecki
We have a MySQL db set up behind our glu (4.7.2) instance. As a backup we had another glu-console installed on a different box pointing to the same DB. When starting it tries to create a table in the DB named db_command_execution. I was wondering why its trying to create tables in an already existing database, and whether or not that is safe before i give the account create privileges (right now it fails due to insufficient DB privileges).

Re: Question about running 2 glu consoles against a single DB

It is a bit surprising that it is trying to create a table since it should do that only if it exists. Does this table exist already or not? Have you ever used the "commands" feature?

Maybe grails/gorm/hibernate always tries to create a table and if it fails because it already exists then it moves on... I am not too sure of the behavior...

Re: Question about running 2 glu consoles against a single DB

Nicholas Jasieniecki
It actually doesn't exist in the DB right now that we can tell, further confusing us on whether or not it would hurt the working glu instance to have these tables created.

The full stack from the glu startup log is:

2014/03/19 10:29:03.014 ERROR [SchemaUpdate] Unsuccessful: create table db_command_execution (id bigint not null auto_increment, version bigint not null, agent varchar(255) not null, command varchar(255) not null, command_id varchar(255) not null unique, command_type varchar(255) not null, completion_time bigint, exit_error varchar(255), exit_value varchar(255), fabric varchar(255) not null, is_executing bit not null, redirect_stderr bit not null, start_time bigint not null, stderr_first_bytes tinyblob, stderr_total_bytes_count bigint, stdin_first_bytes tinyblob, stdin_total_bytes_count bigint, stdout_first_bytes tinyblob, stdout_total_bytes_count bigint, username varchar(255) not null, primary key (id)) ENGINE=InnoDB
2014/03/19 10:29:03.014 ERROR [SchemaUpdate] CREATE command denied to user 'glu'@'ourhost.someip.com' for table 'db_command_execution'
2014/03/19 10:29:03.017 WARN [AbstractEhcacheRegionFactory] Couldn't find a specific ehcache configuration for cache named [org.hibernate.cache.UpdateTimestampsCache]; using defaults.
2014/03/19 10:29:03.036 WARN [AbstractEhcacheRegionFactory] Couldn't find a specific ehcache configuration for cache named [org.hibernate.cache.StandardQueryCache]; using defaults.

Edit: I have not used the commands feature before.

Re: Question about running 2 glu consoles against a single DB

Can you try to execute a command using the console that has write access? Is it even working?

Re: Question about running 2 glu consoles against a single DB

Nicholas Jasieniecki
Neither servers have create right now and glu-console 1 is definatly working. Right now the 2nd console fails to even come up. I'm trying to get a more up to date error message/behavior on the failing to start controller.

Re: Question about running 2 glu consoles against a single DB

Nicholas Jasieniecki
Ok so now it is starting and not crashing. I still get that exception though in the log, which i dont know if its hurting anything or not. I'll post again if i have another question on this, but for now clearly we need to do a bit deeper investigation internally. (I'm picking up parts of this from another developer).