Questions on network requirements for distributed deployment

Questions on network requirements for distributed deployment

oldgluuser
Sorry, but someone here asked me these two questions and I can not find the answers:

What is the required network connection between appmgr/agent nodes (different subnets)?

Can they be distributed across datacenters?

Re: Questions on network requirements for distributed deployment

The only network requirements that I know of is related to ZooKeeper: ZooKeeper does not work very well across datacenters. Since a fabric is stored in ZooKeeper, it means that all the agents belonging to the same fabric need to be in the same datacenter. And also for the same reason, the console handling this fabric should be hosted in the same datacenter although it is not a strong requirement: the console does not write to ZooKeeper, simply reads from it. There might be delays if not hosted in the same datacenter.

But besides this, agents "publish" their ip and the console talk to them using what this information. Agents talk to ZooKeeper using the configured ip. So technically it does not matter which subnets they are on as long as they can talk to each other.

The standard ports used are (unless you change them):
- agent: 12906
- zookeeper: 2281, 2888, 3888
- console: 8080 (the one packaged in glu)

Yan

On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 10:36 AM, joeg [via glu] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Sorry, but someone here asked me these two questions and I can not find the answers:

What is the required network connection between appmgr/agent nodes (different subnets)?

Can they be distributed across datacenters?

http://glu.977617.n3.nabble.com/Questions-on-network-requirements-for-distributed-deployment-tp4025789.html
To start a new topic under glu, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from glu, click here.
NAML