Re: Easy Production Setup - Jetty FAILED [SOLVED]

Re: Easy Production Setup - Jetty FAILED [SOLVED]

joseheitor
This post was updated on .
On the last instruction for the Easy Production Setup - Jetty fails to start for the Console:
No logs in the Jetty folder...please help?

Re: Easy Production Setup - Jetty FAILED

the logs are under jetty-distribution-8.1.10.v20130312/logs

That being said the error message you get shows an error while executing the master_conf.sh shell script so that may be the problem...

Re: Easy Production Setup - Jetty FAILED

joseheitor
Hi Yan,

The '.../logs' folder is empty.

The 'master_conf.sh' file is unmodified (as produced by the setup.sh command to generate distributions).

Any other logs I could look at, or other info I can send you to help identify the problem?

(On all the other 'start' commands - Zookeeper and 2x Agents - the output also noted a missing integer, but all reported starting successfully...I assumed they fell-back to default values)

Thanks,
Jose

Re: Easy Production Setup - Jetty FAILED

The error message in the master_conf.sh is probably your problem.. it prevents jetty to even start hence there is no logs.

I am not sure which platform you are using but I have never seen this problem before but you should try to figure out why master_conf.sh is failing (add echo statements, etc...)

If, like you previous messages hinted at, you are trying to run glu under windows, it may be an issue with bash on windows...

Re: Easy Production Setup - Jetty FAILED

joseheitor
Yan, I installed Oracle Java 8 (via webupd8team's ppa), and am not seeing the script error now - but Jetty still seems to fail to start. And there are still no Jetty logs.
Any thoughts?
Jose

Re: Easy Production Setup - Jetty FAILED [SOLVED]

joseheitor
Okay, so I found that I had to run the command from the $GLU_HOME directory (not from within the 'bin' directory)