Replace Jetty with Jboss

lakshya
Hi,

How can i replace Jetty with Jboss server & which is the compatible version?
Is there any documentation or steps availabe?

Thx
Lakshya

Re: Replace Jetty with Jboss

This section of the documentation describes what to do: http://linkedin.github.com/glu/docs/latest/html/production-setup.html#option-1-install-the-war-file

The glu console is just a web app (a war file) and simply requires a configuration file (outside the war file) which can be provided in several ways to your container: this section can help you with that http://linkedin.github.com/glu/docs/latest/html/console.html#console-configuration

Most likely solution 2 (storing it relatively to jboss root) or solution 3 (passing a java vm parameter to jboss) will be what you need to do.

Best
Yan

On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 4:25 PM, lakshya [via glu] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

How can i replace Jetty with Jboss server & which is the compatible version?
Is there any documentation or steps availabe?

Thx
Lakshya

http://glu.977617.n3.nabble.com/Replace-Jetty-with-Jboss-tp3543868p3543868.html
To start a new topic under glu, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from glu, click here.
NAML

Re: Replace Jetty with Jboss

lakshya
Hi Frenchyan,

Thx for prompt reply...I have tried tht link as well.
Using Jboss 4.0, copied "glu-console-webapp.groovy" file under
"server/default/conf"
folder & "server/default/deply"
do i need to change anything in tht file?
Also have copied "org.linkedin.glu.console-webapp-4.0.0-RC1.war" file
under "server/default/deploy"

still not working, any clue?

Thx
Lakshya

On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 5:33 PM, frenchyan [via glu]
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> This section of the documentation describes what to
> do: http://linkedin.github.com/glu/docs/latest/html/production-setup.html#option-1-install-the-war-file
> The glu console is just a web app (a war file) and simply requires a
> configuration file (outside the war file) which can be provided in several
> ways to your container: this section can help you with
> that http://linkedin.github.com/glu/docs/latest/html/console.html#console-configuration
> Most likely solution 2 (storing it relatively to jboss root) or solution 3
> (passing a java vm parameter to jboss) will be what you need to do.
> Best
> Yan
>
> On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 4:25 PM, lakshya [via glu] <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> How can i replace Jetty with Jboss server & which is the compatible
>> version?
>> Is there any documentation or steps availabe?
>>
>> Thx
>> Lakshya

>> NAML

> NAML

Re: Replace Jetty with Jboss

I do not know jboss at all so I am not sure how to help. Maybe somebody else on the forum have some advise.

When you say it is still not working, can you describe 'not working'?

(as a side note you should download the 4.0.0 build… it should not make a difference but just to be sure)

Yan

http://glu.977617.n3.nabble.com/Replace-Jetty-with-Jboss-tp3543868p3544242.html
To start a new topic under glu, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from glu, click here.
NAML

Re: Replace Jetty with Jboss

lakshya
its huge error while running console will post you in the mean time
can you plz tell me to run it into tomcat7 what all i need to do?
what i need to change in grooyy config file & where to put it

On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 4:16 AM, frenchyan [via glu]
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I do not know jboss at all so I am not sure how to help. Maybe somebody else
> on the forum have some advise.
> When you say it is still not working, can you describe 'not working'?
> (as a side note you should download the 4.0.0 build… it should not make a
> difference but just to be sure)
> Yan
>
> On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 9:08 PM, lakshya [via glu] <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Frenchyan,
>>
>> Thx for prompt reply...I have tried tht link as well.
>> Using Jboss 4.0, copied "glu-console-webapp.groovy" file under
>> "server/default/conf"
>> folder & "server/default/deply"
>> do i need to change anything in tht file?
>> Also have copied "org.linkedin.glu.console-webapp-4.0.0-RC1.war" file
>> under "server/default/deploy"
>>
>> still not working, any clue?
>>
>> Thx
>> Lakshya
>>

>> On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 5:33 PM, frenchyan [via glu]
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > This section of the documentation describes what to
>> >
>> > do: http://linkedin.github.com/glu/docs/latest/html/production-setup.html#option-1-install-the-war-file
>> > The glu console is just a web app (a war file) and simply requires a
>> > configuration file (outside the war file) which can be provided in
>> > several
>> > ways to your container: this section can help you with
>> >
>> > that http://linkedin.github.com/glu/docs/latest/html/console.html#console-configuration
>> > Most likely solution 2 (storing it relatively to jboss root) or solution
>> > 3
>> > (passing a java vm parameter to jboss) will be what you need to do.
>> > Best
>> > Yan

>> > NAML

>> NAML

> NAML

Re: Replace Jetty with Jboss

That is how they run it at LinkedIn. Maybe somebody from LinkedIn can help…

Yan

http://glu.977617.n3.nabble.com/Replace-Jetty-with-Jboss-tp3543868p3545996.html