Quantcast

Some feedback from Skyhigh Networks

Hello everyone

I met with the team at Skyhigh networks and they use glu pretty intensively. As far as I can tell they are very happy with glu and I was surprised at all the "pluses" that glu has that I did not even know about, like for example how it helped them pass ISO compliance or how they can manage Hadoop without the hassle (or the cost) involved traditionally (wished they would open source this part :).

They also provided some great feedback for improvements which I have tried to capture in a series of ticket (https://github.com/pongasoft/glu/issues => 282-290).

We also talked about some improvements on the security/RBAC front and they said they would come up with a proposal.

I do want to emphasize that you guys are the users of glu. As demonstrated by this meeting, clearly although they are happy with glu, there are plenty of little things that would make their (and everybody else) life easier. So you should not be afraid to speak up in the forum, create tickets, etc...

Best

Re: Some feedback from Skyhigh Networks

sodul
It was great finally meeting you in person Yan.

Glu is a core part of the Skyhigh Networks Continuous Delivery Platform and it has indeed help enable our growth over the past two years. We now manage dozens of services through the help of hundreds of custom scripts and tens of thousands of lines of code.

Some of the services that we deploy through Glu are Tomcat, Cassandra, Redis, Storm, HDFS, hbase, oozie, spark, memcached, elasticsearch, zookeeper, ... We even publish Windows binaries to azure through Glu without the need for a Windows machine and deploy our Glu zookeeper instances through Glu. We've nicknamed them GluKeepers to differentiate our infrastructure zookeepers from our production zookeepers.

We are located in Campbell and are interested in meeting other Glu users in the Silicon Valley.