Start/stop standalone java app

Takaya
Hi,
I read about the end of the project and I think it is a pity because it seems well designed and useful. Anyway it is clear now everyone is thinking about microservices and the view is in another direction. However there are still people like me working with monolithic applications that probably need glu.

My problem is the following I have a system composed by 5 java standalone applications (jar file) each of them use as input the output of another application. In this scenario I would like to build a web console able to check the status of each app and in case it is necessary the capability to start/stop/restart the app. I saw in the tutorial the example with web app running in a container. Is it possible to do it with standalone app? Someone has a simple example with configuration where the agent receives notification from the standalone app?