Tutorial not working , it is always redirecting to create fabric page

Tutorial not working , it is always redirecting to create fabric page

javaG
I installed glu 4.7.x in my corporate environment .i.e. my laptop is windows and I have to ssh
to headless redhat linux box where glu is installed in my home dir. I followed the glu tutorial to the tee but its not working. When in my browser I go to:
http://<mycompanyhostname>:8080/console

I am presented with login page and I login admin/admin, after that it goes to:
http://<mycompanyhostname>:8080/console/fabric/create

If click on Agents tab, I am redirected to same fabric create page.

I have to use 4.7.x glu as my company has only sun java 1.6.

It does not generate any errors in logs to help. Also my corporate does not allow downloading anything from internet from programs installed on a linux box, not sure if that is related.

Also it does  not generate tutorial directory under $GLU_HOME,  nor I see any directory named models under $GLU_HOME as referred to in the tutorial. I also used tutorial.sh setup command but that did not make any difference. I also changed the serverURL in a config file to my company hostname as was mentioned in one of the threads here but it made no difference

Any help would  be greatly appreciated.

Re: Tutorial not working , it is always redirecting to create fabric page

I am not sure what the problem is but the documentation atĀ http://pongasoft.github.io/glu/docs/latest/html/index.html refers to the latest version of glu. It does not apply to glu 4.7.x (there has been many changes since then, especially in the way glu is packaged, distributed and setup).

The instructions you should follow are located underĀ console-server/glu/docs/html/index.html within the distribution you downloaded.

Re: Tutorial not working , it is always redirecting to create fabric page

Hi JavaG,

My company is a Java 6 shop as well, however we use Java 7 for several apps:
 - Glu, obviously
 - Artifactory: http://www.jfrog.com/confluence/display/RTF/Requirements
 - Confluence: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Supported+Platforms?src=search
 - Jira: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Supported+Platforms
 - some of our Jenkins builds, where required
 - Nexus

Or as Sonatype mention in their release notes of Nexus: "Oracle's support for Java 6 ended in February 2013.  Consequentially as of version 2.6 Nexus now requires a Java 7 JRE to run."

It is very simple for you to use a different version of Java than the one supplied by your operations team. You could simply download the latest JRE for your platform, extract it next to the Glu agent/console and set JAVA_HOME and then
export PATH=$JAVA_HOME/bin:$PATH
 before launching the console and agents. I'm sure you can talk to your Ops team and convince them to add Java 7 as an alternate Java on your machines. If not bundle Java 7 with your own package of Glu. The JRE is less than 50MB and since you can get a plain tar ball, you can extract it whoever you like.

Re: Tutorial not working , it is always redirecting to create fabric page

javaG
Thanks Yan! This saves me the day. I am now looking at the correct tutorial and everything works like a charm. By the way Java 7 is not an option in our environment.