Quantcast

Unremovable active command from the commands view

Unremovable active command from the commands view

sodul
We have a long running command that we eventually killed from the process view, unfortunately it is still showing in the commands view of the fabric.

So I went on the agent's directory and deleted the command directory that was matching the persistent 'command', bouncing the agent had no success.

In an attempt to clean it up I deleted the 'state' directory for the fabric ... this was a bad idea, all the agents are reporting as 'NOT DEPLOYED' and attempting to deploy is throwing a duplicate mount point error. If I click the 'zookeeper sync' the states for each agent shows us in zookeeper, yet the console is not seeing them. Any idea?

Re: Unremovable active command from the commands view

sodul
Bouncing the console server process got everything back to normal.

Re: Unremovable active command from the commands view

If it ever happens again, go to the agent view and kill it from there as can be seen in the screenshot or at the very least try to fix it from there. Certainly a lot less risky than dealing with the filesystem.

Re: Unremovable active command from the commands view

sodul
Yes, I tried int force uninstall from the agent view first.

Right now I'm seeing 3 processes that have been running for 7h, things like 'uptime' that should return right away. These are showing in all the commands views of all fabrics and when I go to the agent, on the correct fabric, I do not see them listed.

Bouncing the console cleared the 3 processes from the commands view again.