Quantcast

move console & zookeeper to new hosts 4.7.2

move console & zookeeper to new hosts 4.7.2

liebman
Hi,
   I need to re-locate my console and three zookeeper nodes to new hosts (with new names and ip's).  Are there any best practices?

Current rough plan:

- Add three new zookeeper nodes to existing cluster.
- Add new console use three new nodes in config
- stop old console
- update agents config to use new zookeeper hosts in config

Re: move console & zookeeper to new hosts 4.7.2

I think the plan sounds good. Clearly updating the agents will be the most time consuming since you have to do this for every node, as there is no (built-in) way to propagate the config.

‚ÄčI remember that at LinkedIn, they were using dns for the names of the ZooKeeper nodes so that they could move them to new hosts without having to do this.

Re: move console & zookeeper to new hosts 4.7.2

liebman
Thanks!  Agents are not an issue as in this case there are less than 10.