systemFilter not effective on 'current' model API

systemFilter not effective on 'current' model API

sodul
When using the console-cli we noticed the the system filter has not effect when fetching the 'current' status but had an effect when fetching the 'live' one. According to the online documentation and '-h' on the command line, the system filter only applies to status, yet it works for the other commands such as bounce and the live status, but not plain status.

http://gluconsole/console/rest/v1/MyFabric/model/live?systemFilter=mountPoint%3D%27%2Fmyapp%27&prettyPrint=true

The /live API (-l status on the command line) returns a json where the filter seem effective, the /static API (just status on the command line) is not being filtered.

http://gluconsole/console/rest/v1/MyFabric/model/static?systemFilter=mountPoint%3D%27%2Fmyapp%27&prettyPrint=true

I looked in the Glu console source code on github and it seems that /static is not applying the filter, but /live does:
https://github.com/pongasoft/glu/blob/33c77fc4d97b3f39d7443638509624a8f0de4de6/console/org.linkedin.glu.console-webapp/grails-app/controllers/org/linkedin/glu/console/controllers/ModelController.groovy

The documentation should probably be updated to reflect the actual behavior (that the filter works for the commands, but not the 'static' model). If the model/static api gets updated to support the filter that's fine we me, since we could take advantage of that with the automation we built around the console.

Thanks a ton for all your good work with Glu!!!

Re: systemFilter not effective on 'current' model API

‚ÄčI have not looked at the code yet, but it seems that you should be able to apply the filter on /static as well. I will investigate further (note that my "electronic life" is currently in transit between Hawaii and Las Vegas and so it will take a bit longer to be able to do anything ;)

Re: systemFilter not effective on 'current' model API

sodul
No worries this is not blocking us. I hope your move to Las Vegas is going well.